Cinnamon-weather not accepting my city code...

Thomas Hansen

Jan 31, 2014, 5:05:44 AM1/31/14
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've just downloaded your applet and got the code for my city (Ikast, Denmark = DAXX0112 - got it using the weather channel site), but your program cant get the forecast for it! I can get from other cities nearby, like Herning (DAXX0017), but my city fails! What am I missing here?

Thank you!

Geoffroy Ménard

Jan 31, 2014, 7:30:18 AM1/31/14
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com
I've had the same problems. It seems to me the number of locations are quite limited. What I ended up doing is to go to http://edg3.co.uk/snippets/weather-location-codes but don't use the search box, go to the bottom of the page and pick your country then browse through the cities there. Try different city codes until you find one that works. I ended up using the forecasts from some random town 150kms from there I live, it was the closest one that works.

Thomas Hansen

Apr 9, 2014, 2:20:04 AM4/9/14
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com, geoffr...@gmail.com
Hmmm... pretty bad, that, specially because if you use the "alternate" search suggested at the applet page, it finds my city with no problems...