Fedora 19

Bob Kozdemba

Jun 21, 2013, 3:43:05 PM6/21/13
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com
I tried installing using both the applet settings and a manual unzip but the applet never appears in the panel. Anyone have success with Fedora 19 Beta ( cinnamon-1.9). Where should I look for errors?

Thanks,
Bob

TM

Jun 21, 2013, 4:54:14 PM6/21/13
On 06/21/2013 03:43 PM, Bob Kozdemba wrote:
> Where should I look for errors?

I haven't tried Cinnamon 1.9, but in 1.8, you could send the logs to a
file (`cinnamon-settings` -> General -> "Log LookingGlass output"...).

Then `tail -f ~/.cinnamon/glass.log`.

Let us know what you find.

TM

Jun 21, 2013, 6:41:18 PM6/21/13
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com
Interesting:

```
$ grep -inr dgetext /usr/share/gjs-1.0/
/usr/share/gjs-1.0/gettext.js:49: return Glib.dgetext(domain, msgid);
```

Looks like a typo upstream (should be "dgettext", with 2 t's).

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gjs/commit/modules/gettext.js?id=178c810b7797ff2fca0440e519ddf4dbede589a1

The applet loads fine for me after making this correction (restart
Cinnamon).

Can you open a bug with Fedora?

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?bug_status=__all__&content=gjs&no_redirect=1&order=relevance%20desc&product=Fedora&query_format=specific

Happy weathering!

On 06/21/2013 03:43 PM, Bob Kozdemba wrote:

Bob Kozdemba

Jun 24, 2013, 4:21:12 PM6/24/13
to cinnamon...@googlegroups.com
That fixed it for me also. I will file an f19 bug.

Thanks very much!
Bob

Bob Kozdemba

Jun 27, 2013, 11:07:41 AM6/27/13