Vikalp@Prithvi presents 'Janani's Juliet' + Q&A with Pankaj Rishi Kumar

rohit...@aol.in

May 7, 2021, 8:18:00 AM5/7/21
to cinema...@googlegroups.com, cinemalov...@googlegroups.com, impulsew...@googlegroups.com

Vikalp@Prithvi - Online Screenings - Week 53

Watch 'Janani's Juliet' at https://vimeo.com/340631944 and send your questions for Pankaj Rishi Kumar, the director, at bit.ly/May-Screening or vikalpsc...@gmail.com by Sunday midnight.

Synopsis: Kausalya lost her husband (Shankar), when they were attacked by her own family. They had married against their families' wishes. Deeply disturbed by a spate of honor killings in India, Indianostrum, a Pondicherry based theatre group sets out to introspect the implications of caste, class and gender. They adapt Shakespeare's ‘Romeo and Juliet’. What emerges in the process is a critical reflection and commentary of the contemporary Indian society where love struggles to survive.

---
Recently, we screened 'Nero's Guests'. To read P Sainath's responses to viewers' questions, visit www.bit.ly/NerosGuests

---
- Rohit
----------------------
Regards,
Rohit Rellan

Follow me on TWITTER: twitter.com/rohitrellan
Be my friend on FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/rohit.rellan
Skype :rohitrellan

WeWork: WeWork office spaces supports businesses through a network of 150,000+ members who work with each other across the world. WeWork is more than just an office space – we provide amenities, services, and technology that evolve space into experience.Private offices and Co-working Space in #Gurugram, #Mumbai,#Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad & Noida.

Book a tour at WeWork ! http://bit.ly/2vnqkYB

 #wework Touch the sky. #dowhatyoulove
Find your purpose. #wework
Find a place to grow. #wework