PyOhio Young Coders Class

Brian Costlow

Jul 5, 2013, 10:36:02 AM7/5/13
to cin...@googlegroups.com
PyOhio is sponsoring a free programming class for kids and young adults, ages 12-18 (7th through 12th grade).

The class will be on July 27th, at the Ohio Union, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio

Based on the PyCon conference's Young Coder class, students will learn Python by making a simple game.

Students will work on a Raspberry Pi, which they can take home after the class.

Space is limited to 25 students.

Registration opens on July 8th at 7:00 AM.

For more information, go to

Jerry Felix

Jul 30, 2013, 4:55:18 PM7/30/13
to cin...@googlegroups.com
I just got this feedback regarding the class:

Hi Jerry,
I just spoke to Krista. Her first comment was, "It was AWESOME!", after which she followed with, "It was soooo cool." She explained that initially there were several codes to learn but once she got the hang of it, she ran with it. She stated that she offered a tip for putting in a "Loop" command for a number game the class played  (to bypass having to restart the game upon completion). Krista said during one of the breaks she asked the woman if she could program a trivia game and so the two of them created a trivia game.

Just thought you'd like to see that.

Thanks for this great opportunity!

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 07:36:02 -0700
From: brian....@gmail.com