Member profiles on blog

1 view

gerard sychay

Oct 24, 2010, 9:58:24 PM10/24/10
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
Members,

I was thinking about about blogging about members. Nothing long, just
a set of questions. I think question #3 is the money question and
that's your chance to plug whatever you want and create an inbound
link to your project from our awesomely SEO-optimized website!

So talk it up. Send me your answers directly and I'll post them on the
blog.

Regards,

***

1) Who are you, and what do you do?

2) How did you come to join Cincy Coworks?

3) What cool project are you working on these days?

--
Gerard Sychay | ger...@cincycoworks.com | 859-802-5513

Michelle Taute

Jan 3, 2011, 11:29:08 AM1/3/11
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
Here you go! If you want, I'd be happy to do a few blog posts about my co-working experience.

Answers below for the member profile. I'm high maintenance and put in some links, but don't know how to make them hyperlinks. Can you fix? Pretty please?

Best,
Michelle

My profiles: LinkedIn Facebook Twitter

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 9:58 PM, gerard sychay <ger...@cincycoworks.com> wrote:
Members,

I was thinking about about blogging about members. Nothing long, just a set of questions. I think question #3 is the money question and that's your chance to plug whatever you want and create an inbound link to your project from our awesomely SEO-optimized website!

So talk it up. Send me your answers directly and I'll post them on the blog.

Regards,

***

1) Who are you, and what do you do?
Hi, I'm Michelle Taute, the lone writer at Cincy Coworks. (Well, writer, editor and creative entrepreneur.) I've done everything from writing articles for major national magazines to creating board game content and penning copy for Fortune 500 brands.

2) How did you come to join Cincy Coworks?
I've been obsessed with The Grotto [LINK http://www.pobronson.com/index_the_grotto.htm] in San Francisco for years and kept hoping someone would start something similar in Cincinnati. One day, I stumbled across Cincy Coworks online while writing at a coffee shop.

3) What cool project are you working on these days?
I'm finishing my second book, The Design Activist's Handbook, with my co-author, Noah Scalin, and working on some corporate projects I can't tell you much about. You'll also find me blogging regularly for The Creative Freelancer Blog. Check out my latest post: 5 Freelancing Lessons From My Remodeling Contractor [LINK http://www.creativefreelancerblog.com/designers/5-freelancing-lessons-from-my-remodeling-contractor/].

Randy Simes

Jan 3, 2011, 11:35:14 AM1/3/11
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
Once these profiles are put together, I may be interested in putting together an overview of what the Cincinnati co-working community looks like in a comprehensive story I would publish on UrbanCincy and pitch to the Cincinnati Business Courier.  Please keep me posted.  Cheers.

--
Randy A. Simes | Owner & Managing Editor
UrbanCincy.com, connecting the region with its urban core

Michelle Taute

Jan 3, 2011, 11:36:59 AM1/3/11
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
FAIL: I meant to send that just to Gerard. Sorry, all!

My profiles: LinkedIn Facebook Twitter

Randy Simes

Jan 3, 2011, 12:09:01 PM1/3/11
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
Well my offer is still on the table...unless of course this is all confidential.  If that's the case then I no longer remember what was said.

-Randy

gerard sychay

Jan 3, 2011, 4:08:42 PM1/3/11
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com, Randy Simes
Michelle,

Fantastic. Thanks for the profile. It should post in a few minutes.

Regarding other blog posts, I've enabled user registration on the
site. So if you go to <http://cincycoworks.com/wp-login.php>, you can
create yourself an account. To prevent all the malcontents from
signing up, new users have no editing privileges. So once you sign up,
I'll assign the proper role. That goes for other members too.

Hi Randy!

Nothing is really confidential. That's why I encourage members to to
post any and all business to this mailing list. It might spark
something in a lurker such as yourself, that would otherwise never
occur if we stick to the members-only list. Will keep you posted on
breaking news.

Cheers,
Gerard

On 1/3/2011 12:09 PM Randy Simes claimed: