Heat

gerard sychay

Nov 9, 2010, 11:25:15 AM11/9/10
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
All,

Spoke to Herb yesterday about the ongoing heat issues. We've talked
about this amongst ourselves, but I thought an email is warranted at
this point.

There's really no mystery about the issue. We are in an old building
with central radiator heat. Anyone who has ever lived in an old
apartment with radiator heat knows that when the heat is on, it is
roasting, and when it is off, it is freezing. And that parts of the
building heat unevenly.

When it is dead cold outside, the heat will be on and warm for
everyone. But during this temperate time, it's a little trickier. The
top floor apartments may be toasty, while we on the ground floor are
stiffly typing away.

So the outside thermometer which controls the heat is currently set to
60 degrees. Seems like a reasonable temperature, except for days like
yesterday when temps were in the 60's. The heat was off, but it was
still chilly in the space.

To mitigate this during fall, Herb lent us and then retrieved the big
space heater. I think he thought the cold was here to stay when he
took it back, but of course this is Cincinnati weather.

In conclusion: when the weather turns cold for good, the space will be
plenty warm, as we've seen already. In the meantime, Herb said he's
going to return the space heater for weeks like this.

--
Gerard Sychay | ger...@cincycoworks.com | 859-802-5513