Discounted medical insurance products

gerard sychay

Sep 27, 2010, 1:04:47 PM9/27/10
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
So, met with Jim, a benefits rep from Colonial Life insurance company,
on Wednesday.

The bad news is that he can't offer any discounted major medical
coverage for a group of individuals, especially one as small as ours.
That's no surprise.

The good news is that he CAN offer group discounts to individual
policies for their other products like accident, hospital confinement,
and life. These are products very similar to what you might get from
an Aflac, though by his account Aflac is the big bad giant in the
industry and they are the small upstart who consistently outperforms.

Would anyone be interested in gathering for 30 mins. during lunch one
day to hear more details? At that time, you can also get one-on-one
benefits consultation for your particular situation. I can bring in
sandwiches to make it worth your while :)

I realize we've all heard these pitches before and if you're like me,
go into them with a grain of salt. But we only need like 3 people to
opt-in to get the group discount, and it would make a great member
feature. Just think: by being a Coworks member, you can get a discount
on your individual accident or hospital policy that are many people
already have (judging by the Aflac commercials).

I want to make sure at least most of us can be there so that it's not
just like Jim, me and Bill. I'll just throw a date out there to get
started. How about Wednesday, Oct. 6, at 12:30?

TTYL,

--
Gerard Sychay | ger...@cincycoworks.com | 859-802-5513

Carin Meier

Sep 27, 2010, 5:27:47 PM9/27/10
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
That will work for me.

--- On Mon, 9/27/10, gerard sychay <ger...@cincycoworks.com> wrote:

> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to
> the Google Groups "Cincinnati Coworks" group.
> cincycoworks...@googlegroups.com.

Michelle Taute

Sep 28, 2010, 8:37:18 AM9/28/10
to cincyc...@googlegroups.com
I'm out on the insurance thing. I lucked out and married into good (and cheap) Fortune 500 insurance.

--Michelle

Michelle Taute
Writer+Editor
513-910-0935