Vote: $300 Budget for Kiln Refurbishment Parts

Kevin McLeod

Oct 1, 2021, 9:43:33 AM10/1/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
While working to install the new programmable Kiln controller in the kiln we had donated, we found that the kiln had apparently been stored in a very high moisture environment at some point, and all the steel fasteners had been very badly corroded, to the point that many had to be cut and drilled to disassemble the housing.  All of the crimp connectors on the wiring are also heavily corroded and the high temperature wire's insulation is abraded through and needs to be replaced.  The sheet metal housing/panels are also fairly rusted, and ideally should be stripped, cleaned, and repainted.

I'd like to propose a budget of $300 for the materials to get this kiln back to a clean, nice state.  The $300 would include all new stainless steel hardware, new paint, new wires and connectors, and a kiln floor pad.  This would bring the kiln back to near-new condition and make it vastly easier to make future repairs and improvements, and while $300 is a worthwhile expense for maintaining a several thousand dollar kiln.

This vote closes at the October 12th, 2021 meeting.

Thanks,

Kevin McLeod
Hot Crafts Warden

Brad Walsh

Oct 1, 2021, 9:57:58 AM10/1/21
to Hive13 Mailing List
I vote YES.

Thanks,

Brad

Kayla Lukawiecki

Oct 1, 2021, 11:38:21 AM10/1/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
Yes please!

John Clark

Oct 1, 2021, 1:14:09 PM10/1/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
I'll vote YES but I am confused. The vote is for $300 but your list of materials adds up to $176 and lists a budget of $200. Is the extra $100 just for some extra headroom?

Kevin McLeod

Oct 1, 2021, 1:23:01 PM10/1/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Shipping and tax add up quick, when I actually put stuff in carts, and go to checkout, it ends up being much closer to $300

Lisa Crump

Oct 1, 2021, 4:32:07 PM10/1/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
I vote Yes

Marilyn Clark

Oct 2, 2021, 5:20:47 PM10/2/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I vote YES!
Marilyn

Tim Yelvington

Oct 3, 2021, 9:18:19 AM10/3/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Dave B.

Oct 3, 2021, 10:08:13 AM10/3/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

Vicente González

Oct 4, 2021, 2:33:26 PM10/4/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com

Dave Velzy

Oct 4, 2021, 3:19:12 PM10/4/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
Dave Velzy

john.o...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 11:29:27 AM10/5/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
Yes.

John O

Kevin McLeod

Oct 12, 2021, 8:13:15 AM10/12/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Reminder: this vote closes at today's meeting

Thanks,

Kevin M.

Heath Blandford

Oct 12, 2021, 8:32:57 PM10/12/21