Mill Certification Class - Saturday Oct 16 1pm

Dave Velzy

Oct 4, 2021, 12:12:06 PM10/4/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Saturday October 16th we will have a Mill Certification class.
RSVP to this thread and tell me a little about your experience level.

Certification Goals – Don’t hurt yourself. Don’t hurt the machine.
- Mill safety and setup
- Tool selection for milling operations
- Holding parts using the machinist vice and parallels
- Change tools and set spindle speeds
- “Zero” the X, Y and Z axis using the DRO (ENCO RF-30 Mill)
- Perform basic facing cuts on steel
- Mount and secure work using parallels and hold downs
- Demonstrate understanding of Backlash

In preparation for certification please; Read the wiki pages

There are links to the manufacturers manual and study the excellent materials from Case Western. http://engineering.case.edu/sears-thinkbox/use/mills

Just to make sure we can communicate. Take the milling quiz.
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=mill-quiz

Go make something.
Dave Velzy

dave....@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2021, 12:33:32 AM10/11/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
Bump
Saturday October 16th 1 pm we will have a Mill Certification class.
RSVP to this thread and tell me a little about your experience level.

- We have five people formally signed up -
- Several others have said they are interested, but haven't replied to this post or the Slack post in announcements
- If you are interested, please let me know in advance.

Please read the homework materials before class and take the Milling Quiz. (link in the original post)
Ralph B
Walter T
Jackson B
Alfredo H