Block Printing Class - Saturday October 16th, 2021, 1:00-3:00PM

Kevin McLeod

Sep 28, 2021, 11:39:58 AM9/28/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Did you know that we have all the tools and materials required to do linoleum block printing at Hive13?

For those who don't know, block printing is a method of printing many copies of a design by carving the design in a linoleum block, applying ink to the block, and then transferring the ink to paper or fabric.

I will be teaching a class on how to do the whole process on Saturday October 16th, 2021, 1:00-3:00PM.  The class will have a materials fee of $5 to cover the cost of a 4" x 6" linoleum block, printing ink, and paper.  Please RSVP if you plan to attend,so that I can be sure to have enough materials on hand.

Thanks,
Kevin M.

IMG_20200225_222612.jpg

Kevin McLeod

Sep 28, 2021, 12:15:26 PM9/28/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
CORRECTION:  this will be on  Saturday October 23rd, 2021, 1:00-3:00PM

Marilyn Clark

Sep 28, 2021, 8:39:14 PM9/28/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin!
John and I will be there!
The pictures of what you've done show that block printing really dresses things up!
Marilyn

Kevin McLeod

Oct 4, 2021, 9:53:57 AM10/4/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
Hey friends! If you would like to attend the Block Printing Class (Oct. 23rd), could you please sign up via the Meetup Event?  This will make sure I know exactly how much material to have on hand.  Thanks!

Kevin McLeod

Oct 10, 2021, 9:16:37 PM10/10/21
to Hive13 Makerspace
There are two spots left on Meetup!   https://www.meetup.com/Hive13/events/281109164

Marilyn, I see that you and John have not signed up through Meetup, if Y'all are still hoping to come, please go ahead and do that.

John Clark

Oct 10, 2021, 9:35:11 PM10/10/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
We (mainly Marilyn) ended up with a conflict on the 23rd. We'll try for the next one. Please feel free to offer the two spots anyone interested.
Thanks for letting us know. Sorry.

Kevin McLeod

Oct 23, 2021, 5:54:27 PM10/23/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone who came to today's block printing class!  Two hours wasn't quite enough for everyone to finish thier projects, but they were looking good! I hope everyone posts pictures when they finish!