Various Extra Materials Available (moving...)

Mike Nute

Sep 8, 2021, 9:27:29 AM9/8/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

It's sort of bittersweet but my wife took a job in New Jersey this summer and we are going to be moving there in October. But as comes with something like that, I have a lot of material hanging around from various projects over the years that I am under spousal pressure not to move with, so if anyone is interested you are welcome to any of them. (Or if they would go well in the community material pile(s) I can bring them over but in that case let me know so I don't just dump a bunch of junk and run.) But here is a brief list of what's available, with some crude pictures as well. If more specifics would be helpful just ping me (i'll put a note on slack as well).

Wood:
- Baltic birch plywood. There is at least a full 5x5 each of 3/4'', 1/2'' and 1/4'', plus partial sheets of each width. (The second one was often almost half price...)
- A bunch of regular plywood, various widths and sizes.
- A couple of 10'' 2x6's plus I think at least one full length 2x4.
- Lots of scrap hardwood that is either planed on one side or planed+thicknessed. Mostly ash but some shorter lengths of cherry and I think a few pieces of walnut.
- 4 spare drawers. 3 from an old ikea table that are still sturdy and one solid maple from an old side table.

Aluminum:
- 1 sheet of 1/4'' thick aluminum plate, roughly 2' x 3' (see picture)
- 1 ~3' length of solid 1 1/4'' square aluminum (in the wood scrap picture)

Steel:
- A bunch of random pieces of scrap steel <2'' long, various shape/sizes. (see picture)
- A couple pieces of ~4ft angle iron (roughly I think 1 1/2'' x 1/4'')
- 4 piece of steel square tube, 1 1/2'' wide by I think 3/16'' or 1/4'' thick. (see picture)
- Some 3/4'' shafting material, plus a few other pieces of stainless rod 2-3' long.

I also have an unopened 6000btu window air conditioner. I was going to put that on craigslist for $50 but if anyone needs that and can pick it up I can probably be talked down. If the hive itself needs that I will donate it.

Anyway, it's been a delight being part of the community the last four years and I regret not being able to make it over there more often with various kids being born and pandemics passing through. I've learned a ton from you all and have enjoyed every minute of it. Let me know if you want any of the stuff!

Mike Nute

nute_scrap_woodpieces.jpg
nute_scrap_steelpieces.jpg
nute_scrap_steel_square_tube.jpg
nute_scrap_ACunit.jpg
nute_scrap_aluminum_plate.jpg
nute_scrap_BBplywood.jpg

--
Michael Nute
Mike...@gmail.com

Dave B.

Sep 8, 2021, 9:39:47 AM9/8/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I'd love the aluminum sheet.  You want money for it?  I'm more than willing to run over with my truck and pick up a load of what everyone else wants / you want to get rid of.  I imagine most/all of it will fit in one truckload.
-Dave B.

Brad Walsh

Sep 8, 2021, 10:16:52 AM9/8/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I’d love to have the smaller scrap metal pieces for the machining training.

Brad

--
Thanks,

Brad

Jim Dallam

Sep 8, 2021, 12:24:34 PM9/8/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com, John Clark
Mike Nute!  Sorry to hear you are leaving, but glad to be able to reply to your post to make contact.  When you are next at the Hive (and before you relocate to the Garden State) make contact with COO John Clark.  You made a donation to the Hive AC Fund Drive and JohnC has been keeping your complementary commemorative gift HIVE13 T-shirt at the Hive waiting for you to pick-up.  We want you to get your shirt and would love to have you market the Hive in New Jersey at whatever makerspace there you end up joining.  Thanks for offering your material donations and best of luck to y’all in your new directions.  Stay in touch.

JimD

On Sep 8, 2021, at 10:16 AM, Brad Walsh <br...@hive13.org> wrote:

<nute_scrap_woodpieces.jpg>

<nute_scrap_steelpieces.jpg>

<nute_scrap_steel_square_tube.jpg>

<nute_scrap_ACunit.jpg>

<nute_scrap_aluminum_plate.jpg>

<nute_scrap_BBplywood.jpg>

--
Michael Nute
Mike...@gmail.com

Thanks,

Brad

Mike Nute

Sep 8, 2021, 5:35:15 PM9/8/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Oh right I need to get down there! Actually question about that. Do the rfid cards from the old location work at the new location? I haven’t been over since the pandemic hit sadly.

--
Michael Nute
Mike...@gmail.com

Dave B.