VOTE: Replenish phone service balance

Drew Kirkman

Jul 27, 2021, 9:52:22 AM7/27/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

Our phone service from VoIP.ms has proven extremely valuable since we got our phone number, 513.909.HIVE, last September. When it was set up, I loaded $25 in credit to the account. That has gotten us almost a year of use.

Here's how the costs for phone service break down:
Monthly:
$0.85 - Monthly fee for having the phone number
$1.50 - E911 service fee

Per Use:
$0.009 - per-minute phone call

Now it's time to reload the account as its balance has dropped below $5. This member vote is for $100 to replenish the phone service. At current usage rates, this should last us almost 4 years.

This vote should conclude next Tuesday, August 3.

Drew Kirkman

IT Professional * Amateur Radio Operator (KN9FOO) * Hive13 CTO 2021-2022

Dr...@DrewKirkman.com

PGP: 8E9F E530 70D9 EA88 EE85 049F 4DCA 7B23 AA58 69B2 | cyph.me/kirkmawa

Dave Velzy

Jul 27, 2021, 10:03:24 AM7/27/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I vote yes.

Dave Velzy
Hive13 Board Member
dve...@hive13.org
513-410-6174

Kevin McLeod

Jul 27, 2021, 10:08:33 AM7/27/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
I vote yes. I don't know that we really need a phone line, but the cost is negligible, and it can't hurt to have a hard line to 911 available.

Brad Walsh

Jul 27, 2021, 10:17:53 AM7/27/21
to Hive13 Mailing List

Chris Anderson

Jul 27, 2021, 12:20:29 PM7/27/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
Is there a SIP URI and/or an E164 entry for that number? For fone phreaks it would be fun to have a hacker space hotline that is pure SIP, and therefore free to call from weird places.

Dave Velzy

Jul 27, 2021, 12:30:17 PM7/27/21
to cincihac...@googlegroups.com
The phone line is the HIVE13 doorbell. It takes phone messages from prospective members. And most importantly it is a safety measure to have a land line to 911 calls.

Chris Davis

Jul 27, 2021, 4:40:42 PM7/27/21
to Hive13
I vote yes.

- 911 calls -- which we have fully set up with the 911 center test that it works properly for our space
- Calls by visitors as our doorbell
- Speakerphone connection to provide non-sucky audio for remote people for our meetings

Chris Davis - Hive13 Board Member - cjd...@hive13.org - 513-899-1122

Drew Kirkman

Dave B.

Jul 27, 2021, 7:31:51 PM7/27/21