Edible Arrangements

Roberts, Michele

Jan 23, 2012, 8:33:24 AM1/23/12
to cinci...@googlegroups.com
Good morning, everyone.  A heads up on the chocolate used by Edible Arrangements.  After consuming chocolate dipped fruits on Friday night, I spent the rest of the weekend in bed with a migraine and all of the digestive issues that come with ingesting gluten.  A phone call to the store received the response that they were not allowed to tell me whether there were traces of gluten or wheat in the chocolate but were told to advise any client with any food allergy to not eat their chocolate.

Perhaps some or most of you already know about this.  Sadly I did not.

Michele

Michelle Young

Jan 23, 2012, 9:56:24 AM1/23/12
to cinci...@googlegroups.com
Don't they legally have to disclose that information? It's not like you're asking for their secret recipe, just the ingredients list. So sorry you got sick...hope you have a quick recovery!

Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

Katherine Hensey

Jan 23, 2012, 10:37:09 AM1/23/12
to cinci...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure why the store would tell you that, they do legally have to provide allergen information.

There is a bit more allergen information on their website, however:

Nuts
Some of our arrangements and boxes of dipped fruit have crushed or sliced almonds, so there are nut products in our preparation areas. We cannot guarantee that a gift will not have come in contact with nuts or nut oil. We also have several arrangements and boxes that are dipped in peanut butter chocolate. We recommend that you take the necessary precautions based on any related allergies.
Milk
All Edible Arrangements products may contain or come in contact with items that contain milk products. We recommend that you take the necessary precautions based on any food allergies.
Gluten
All chocolate is gluten free; however, our chocolate is manufactured in facilities that may also manufacture gluten-based products. Again, we recommend you take the necessary precautions based on any food allergies.

I'm sorry you got sick and that the store was less than helpful to you!

-Katherine