FW: WEBINAR Thu Oct 15 - CIMI and RDF - Harold Solbrig, Mayo Clinic

Solbrig, Harold R., M.S.

Oct 12, 2015, 5:24:38 PM10/12/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com
FYI -- feel free to join in. I may need you folks to keep me honest...

On 10/11/15, 9:11 PM, "Yosemite Project Announcements"
<ypann...@yosemiteproject.org> wrote:

>WEBINAR: CIMI and RDF - Harold Solbrig, Mayo Clinic - Part 5 of Yosemite
>Series
>DATE: Thursday October 15, 2015
>TIME: 2 PM Eastern / 11 AM Pacific
>ATTEND LIVE - Google Hangouts On Air: https://goo.gl/JMY4Sd
>DOWNLOAD CALENDAR INVITE: http://goo.gl/688LXM
>Send questions for Q&A before or during the webinar to: da...@dbooth.org
>
>ABSTRACT
>The Clinical Information Modeling Initiative (CIMI) aims to improve the
>interoperability of healthcare systems through shared clinical
>information models. CIMI is implementation neutral, but the CIMI
>constraint language is non-trivial to implement, as it is incremental
>and fine grained. We have been exploring the hypothesis that the
>optimal way to implement CIMI would be to convert the data into RDF and
>then use an RDF-based constraint language to interpret the CIMI
>constraints. This will make it possible to use CIMI in a runtime
>environment after either mapping data to FHIR or transforming data into
>RDF and then mapping it to the CIMI/FHIR equivalent.
>
>ABOUT THE SPEAKER
>Harold R. Solbrig has been involved in medical computing since the early
>1970s. Over the past two decades his emphasis has been on the role of
>formal semantics in data interoperability with a focus on clinical
>terminology, and terminology and data binding. Mr. Solbrig joined Mayo
>Clinic in 1999 and is currently working on the representation and
>implementation of data semantics through the use of constraint modeling
>and RDF.
>
>OTHER UPCOMING WEBINARS:
>
>Oct 22 @ 2pm ET - Standardizing the Standards, David Booth - Part 6 of
>Yosemite Series
>
>Join the Yosemite Project announcements list:
>http://groups.google.com/group/YosemiteProject/subscribe
>
>Sincerely,
>David Booth, PhD
>Yosemite Project Steering Committee
>http://YosemiteProject.org/

Cecil O Lynch

Oct 14, 2015, 7:52:00 AM10/14/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Harold

Thanks for doing this important presentation. I hope it is recorded as I am traveling in Australia on business and the time zone doesn't work out for me.

Note that Peter Hendler and I argued unsuccessfully for this approach a couple of years ago so I fully support the approach and agree with you. Hopefully you can be more convincing than we were.

Cecil