Draft agenda for CIMI MTF call

1 view

Stan Huff

Oct 15, 2015, 12:25:48 AM10/15/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com, Keith E. Campbell, Claude Nanjo, Galen Mulroney (gem@jpsys.com), Fry Emory (eafry@cognitivemedicine.com), Virginia Riehl (virginia.riehl@verizon.net), Dr Ed Hammond, Ph.D. (william.hammond@duke.edu), Dave Carlson (dcarlson@xmlmodeling.com)

This is a reminder that the CIMI Modelling Taskforce will be meeting this Thursday 20:00 - 22:00 UTC on GoToMeeting id 636-685-264 (password: cimi).

All CIMI meetings are now open to all participants.  Please feel free to share this invitation with anyone that you think might be interested.

The proposed agenda is below.  Please let me know of any additional agenda items.  Thanks, Stan

Proposed Agenda Items

  • Review of Atlanta meeting
  • CIMI as a new HL7 Work Group
    • Interim co-chairs: Harold Solbrig, Linda Bird, Virginia Riehl, Stan Huff
    • Co-chair elections will be held during the January WG meeting
    • See attached discussion topics and notes
    • All CIMI meetings (MTF and Work Group) will now be open to all participants
    • January meeting plans
    • Plans for out of cycle meetings
    • Thoughts from Keith Campbell on a strategy for balloting models
    • Priorities for work items
  • Follow up from previous meetings  – All
    • Progress on updating lab models – Patrick
    • Concept creation tool update – Harold and Patrick
    • A proposal about how “coded_label” can be incorporated into AOM – Thomas Beale
  • Discussion of options for modeling Clinical Conditions/Situations
    • Continue discussions
      • Propose a preferred style for negation
      • SNOMED CT Concept Model
      • Review and discuss options for preferred style
  • Any other business

Concerns to discuss with HL7.docx

William Goossen R4C

Oct 15, 2015, 1:40:04 AM10/15/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com
Dear Stan, all,

Thanks for following up on this important change. I have gone through the attachment and the agenda items below.

Some thoughts / discussion points:

1. These are all excellent points to be addressed in the near future.

2. I support the view that the executive committee must remain in tact, as is the current voting mechanism of CIMI members. We need a similar position as international council and the FHIR guru's. And that is perhaps for a limited time e.g. a couple of years and see how it works.

3. HL7 is used to tender for tool proposals. I do not think we should simple say we go with CKM while there are other tools available, offered, functional, and cheaper / free. Suggest to handle this via Dave Hamilton who is often sending out contract proposals. This is extremely important because we need to work both with the ADL and with the UML tooling, where for the latter HL7 has an ongoing sponsorship going where other HL7 methods (DAM,s EHR-S FM / profiles, PHR-S FM / profiles, ballot publications via MAX) depend on. Please follow up on what is already available.

4. I did submit earlier suggestions for how to handle the review of DCMs. As far as I know it has not been discussed. Is it of the list of relevant options? Stan's ppt proposal was not attached. HL7 has a good tradition in place: if a project needs to be done, create a project scope statement. I am willing to take this up as responsibility if there are others willing to participate and work with me on it. My first guess here is to deploy a similar review as scientific journals as Methods or International Journal of Medical Informatics do for content  improvements, and use the clinical template editor, survey monkey or CKM voting mechanism to get a model accepted.

5. Please identify the dates for
CIMI in January with high priority! In fact, this is too late again, and I feel that as continuous ignoring such requests. I suggest also determine the dates for the May WGM at the same time so that we can plan in advance and get affordable ticket prices. Alternatively we can decide to be on the Saturday and Sundays before the WGM.

6. The web presence. I have mixed feelings about it. OK, it would be nice to keep the openCIMI site. But given the lack of responsiveness to include other options on it, in particular alternative contributions, I'd rather kill it and move to the HL7 wiki and create a CIMI page there. Then all membership can directly edit it themselves and hence it offers a more balanced view than openCIMI.org currently does. And the wiki is publicly available through Google and Bing and Yahoo and such. However, I think we should keep the CIMI logo, similar as FHIR with their flames.

7. I find the question if a CIMI member also needs to be an HL7 member a bit awkward. I thought it was part of the negotiations with HL7 Inc / International that this would not have to be the case. I think the overlap of CIMI and HL7 membership is nearly 100%, but I insist we will not sell this as obligatory to those who do not want to be member.
Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

dr. William T.F. Goossen

directeur Results 4 Care B.V.
De Stinse 15
3823 VM Amersfoort