CIMI Preferred Terminology usage?

Michael van der Zel

Sep 1, 2015, 8:17:20 AM9/1/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out the decision for the CIMI Preferred Terminology usage.
Can anyone point me to that?
There is some info here: http://www.opencimi.org/policies_cimi , but is that still current?

We have a discussion in a national projectgroup and the general agreement is to use LOINC for observations (the question) and SNOMED CT for results.

Thanks,
Michael

Stan Huff

Sep 1, 2015, 6:53:35 PM9/1/15
to cimi-modelli...@googlegroups.com

Michael,

    The information in the link below is still accurate, though we have not created a CIMI terminology authority as described.  We haven’t needed a CIMI terminology authority because we haven’t made any new concepts yet.  I think we are on the brink of making some new concepts so I think we will need to plan for making a CIMI terminology authority.  With CIMI becoming a work group within HL7 we may be able to merge the CIMI terminology authority with the HL7 Terminology Authority.

     Please feel free to ask additional questions.  Thanks, Stan