Wreck on QW this morning

Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA

Jul 24, 2011, 3:19:02 PM7/24/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com

Those interested in traffic safety on our main road – Queens Wreath – may be interested in the following.

This morning, a vehicle, I believe a Nissan sedan, evidently lost control while going downhill on QW starting just past the water pumping station.

The car evidently veered right and took out a lot of brush while driving in the dirt.  While Mikey is greatly in favor of brush thinning I doubt this what he had in mind.  It the swerved over the road and mounted the sidewalk before continuing down the road, I think spinning out.

The debris and skid marks are there to see.

I can think of only three probable causes:

1.       An important ‘phone call, or, perhaps, a bee in the car.

2.       An acute medical emergency.

3.       Excessive speed perhaps also impairment.

Given the distance the car travelled my money is on #3.  We will see when the police report hits in a few days.  I believe our brave boys and gals from the Scottsdale PD attended.

One has to wonder just what has to happen for our Board to deal with excessive speed on QW?  We know that they care more for the convenience of those at the top of the hill who don’t like speed bumps (it’s in the minutes) but will it take a death to make something happen?  Perhaps we need an “education” campaign? (laughing noises stage left).

Regards

Anthony

Bagby Josephine

Jul 24, 2011, 5:44:44 PM7/24/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
This morning on my walk about 8:30 I saw the extensive skid marks from side to side on QW and up over the curb, the cactus debris for any number of feet plus things that appeared to be broken off car pieces.  It was really a mess.  I was concerned for the driver plus the fear there might have been passers by when the accident occurred.  My non-professional opinion was that it had to be impairment of some sort.  It did strike me as a clear indication that we need to institute some sort of speed monitoring.

Josie