$81,792 spent without notice

Michael Mayer

Jan 12, 2012, 7:32:28 PM1/12/12
to Cimarron Hills
Our HOA has committed $81,792 for removal of "additional vegetation".
There is not a single mention of this "plan schedule" or "approved
contract expense" in meeting minutes or HOA projects on the Rossmar
website.

Not exactly an "full disclosure" board.

The landscaping company receiving this money has not removed a single
twig along Cimarron Ridge walls which would allow fire fighter access
to our major wash if a wildfire starts. (Anyone see the Beck Lane
house burn like Mt St Helens last month?)

As a reminder, the Master board pays (not Cimarron Hills) to remove
brush along property walls from the gate to the new "Club House". The
Master board has cleared brush along Beck Lane twice in the last 8
months.

Still waiting for our board to remove their first twig in the Cimarron
Ridge main wash and perimeter walls.

Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA

Jan 12, 2012, 9:15:27 PM1/12/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I don't remember the sum, but $50,000 or $75,000 is in my head. At the Meet
The Candidates Night didn't at least two of the Board members now sitting
agree to put such larger expenditures up for a vote of the community --
unless it was an emergency?
I'm sure someone has better recollection than I do. Mine may be flawed.

All that said Mike, I assume you'd rather the work was done than not? Even
though it could proceed a lot quicker than it is.

Anthony

nicetang

Jan 12, 2012, 9:39:29 PM1/12/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
The pointS I make...

1. A board that hides a decision to spend $82,000 cannot be trusted ...this
expense is worth mentioning in meeting minutes. Board member Joe Flick
called Ron Friedman an "AHOLE" in front of the Scottsdale firechief. The
Firechief was scared to stay and I don't blame him.

2. Not a single twig has been removed from Cimarron Ridge walls that
boarders 35,000 acres of Sonoran Preserve.

3. Our landscaper took 3 days this week to "reclear" the same 100 sq ft
they "cleared" back in July.....we are getting ripped off for 10's of
thousands of $.

Michael