speeding

DENNIS BURECH

Mar 23, 2011, 11:17:22 AM3/23/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
In a way it's too bad we can't have photo radar on Queens Weath Way.
That way the offenders (and I agree it is most likely a small
minority) could have their pictures taken and the photos distributed
with our other mailings, etc. There is nothing like a little peer
pressure and embarrassment to change bad behaviors.

Bagby Josephine

Mar 23, 2011, 1:13:24 PM3/23/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I love it.  What a great idea!

Josie

Terrie Bulkin

Mar 23, 2011, 3:56:04 PM3/23/11
to Cimarron Hills
This idea of "radar" gave reminded me of when a homeowner stood on
Queen's Wreath with a Hair Dryer and pointed it at cars! It did look
like a "Radar Gun"......He was just fed up, as I am sure you are.
I've worked diligently for a New Board Majority, and I am confident we
will accomplish this task. At that point, we can approach the
Scottsdale Police Dept. and see what our options are. I would still
like to see Queen's Wreath Rubberized. I don't think the cost is
prohibitive and it would be a worthwhile improvement to our
Community. I'ts been a miserable time for many of our Homeowners,
this is a daily continual ability to enjoy your home, I understand
your frustration. The fact of the matter is, help is just a vote
away.....Please talk to your neighbors and encourage them to vote to
change the Majority of our Board.

Terrie Bulkin
> > In a way it's too bad we can't have photo radar on Queens Weath Way.  That way the offenders (and I agree it is most likely a small minority) could have their pictures taken and the photos distributed with our other mailings, etc.  There is nothing like a little peer pressure and embarrassment to change bad behaviors.- Hide quoted text -

Bagby Josephine

Mar 24, 2011, 10:12:24 AM3/24/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I venture to say that rubberizing QW would benefit more residents than a "new and improved" exercise room and at a far lower cost.  With that said, the exercise room does need way better maintenance and the residents deserve that as well.

Josie

cimarro...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2011, 12:30:56 PM3/24/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Josie, please see my Board meeting report at http://cimarronhills.blogspot.com.
Our community manager was quite prepared to move ahead with a sensible-sounding proposal to replace some of the exercise equipment. This was deferred on the flimsiest of reasons, which, in my opinion, include a desparate attempt to appear frugal in the face of an election and Mr. Feldman's dislike of equipment sourced from more than one manufacturer. It appears that in addition to being expert on many things Mr. Feldman has now added exercise equipment to the list. It is, however hard for me to understand his expert opinion on this subject, as when I walk around any gym, strangely enough, I see equipment from different manufacturers represented there.

TBu...@aol.com

Mar 24, 2011, 12:37:21 PM3/24/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josie,

I agree with you, that exercise room is disgraceful.  There needs to be all new equipment.  Since the removal of Fuchs, the Board has drug their feet, in my opinion, because they want to wait until after the election to see if they end up with the majority of the Votes on the Board - remember, it only takes 3 to carry a motion-then it's done....  Don  Russell has done the homework, gotten all of the bids for the Best equipment....At the last Board meeting, Stu Feldman threw a wrench into the progress my stating, "I don't like to mix Brands".  Well, according to Don's research, one company doesn't offer the BEST equipment in each category they are looking to buy.  It seems now the Board is very concerned that ALL of the equipment be the same Color..... Heck with it being the Best treadmill, the Best exercise Bike, the Best elliptical, etc.  Their criteria for purchase is now, Same Brand,  Same Color........

You just can't make stuff like this up!  I have said to myself, if this "mess" didn't deal with the quality of life for so many homeowners. - which to me is a serious issue.....  It would make one amazing Soap Opera.

Terrie Bulkin

On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:56 PM, Terrie Bulkin wrote:

This idea of "radar" gave reminded me of when a homeowner stood on
Queen's Wreath with a Hair Dryer and pointed it at cars!  It did look
like a "Radar Gun"......He was just fed up, as I am sure you are.
I've worked diligently for a New Board Majority, and I am confident we
will accomplish this task.  At that point, we can approach the
Scottsdale Police Dept. and see what our options are.  I would still
like to see Queen's Wreath Rubberized.  I don't think the cost is
prohibitive and it would be a worthwhile improvement to our
Community.  I'ts been a miserable time for many of our Homeowners,
this is a daily continual ability to enjoy your home, I understand
your frustration.  The fact of the matter is, help is just a vote
away.....Please talk to your neighbors and encourage them to vote to
change the Majority of our Board.

Terrie Bulkin

On Mar 23, 10:13 am, Bagby Josephine <josba...@gmail.com> wrote:
I love it.  What a great idea!

Josie

On Mar 23, 2011, at 8:17 AM, DENNIS BURECH wrote:

In a way it's too bad we can't have photo radar on Queens Weath Way.  That way the offenders (and I agree it is most likely a small minority) could have their pictures taken and the photos distributed with our other mailings, etc.  There is nothing like a little peer pressure and embarrassment to change bad behaviors.- Hide quoted text -

=

Mark Osmun

Mar 3, 2014, 1:44:41 PM3/3/14
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Now we are going to have radar guns. The Board is to be applauded. Now we should remove the useless remaining speed hump. Please see: Removethehump for a factual argument for its removal.