CH HOA Board Mtg 2/21/13

Anthony C. Humpage

Feb 21, 2013, 10:17:44 PM2/21/13
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com

I was happy to be the provoking cause that led to the first woman ever being appointed to the CH HOA Board, filling the vacancy left by the retiring Mr.

Fink

nicetang

Feb 21, 2013, 10:37:15 PM2/21/13
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Yes but who is it?  I didn't quite comprehend.

Terrie Bulkin

Feb 22, 2013, 12:15:02 AM2/22/13
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Just got home a bit ago.   That was just fantastic they way you did that.  I can't stand Stan Segal!  He is the one that yelled at me to sit down at "meet the candidates".  He is Stu Feldman's good buddy.  I hope you were able to see all of the squirming that was going on between the Board Members.   Barry refused the second the motion to select Stan Segal.  I Loved it....  They were so stunned they forgot what the proper procedure would be.  It was a joy to see.  Stan Segal was so upset.

The discussion regarding the Quick Pass System was redundant, what was said while you were there is pretty much what was said over & over all evening.  I'm not sure if you were there when I asked about doing something about the speeding o. queen's Wreath.  Trident is looking into getting a piece of equipment that shows the speed a car is going and also takes a photo of the driver.  With the new Quick Pass System they will be able the accurately identify the car and who it belongs to.  The Committee to discuss the Quick Pass regarding what is fair to homeowners that we volunteered for meets Monday at 10am.   I really, really hope you can be there.  I tried to get Ron to schedule it over the weekend - he wasn't interested.......  Stan Segal ( Lord help me, I can't stand that man) volunteered for the Committee at the end of the meeting.  I thought I was going to throw-up!

So good to see you, wish we would have had time to talk.  Hope to see you Monday

Terrie

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 21, 2013, at 8:17 PM, "Anthony C. Humpage" <ahum...@gmail.com> wrote:

I was happy to be the provoking cause that led to the first woman ever being appointed to the CH HOA Board, filling the vacancy left by the retiring Mr.

Fink

Anthony Humpage

Feb 24, 2013, 10:13:15 PM2/24/13
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
All joking aside, as a community we need to pay better attention to who we elect.  In effect, election to our Board is a job for life.  It is *very* rare for someone to miss re-election, even if they deserve to be moved on. If we had term limits this would be less of a problem, but we don't.  I urge people to remember that.
Once on the Board, even as a short-term appointee, one is unlikely not to be re-elected.  I would rather we did not end up with another Board member who prefers to increase his (or her) volume instead of improving his argument, or someone preselected to fit into the existing cabal.  As a community we can only be improved by regular injections of fresh blood on to our Board.  I hope this is a first step in that direction.
Anthony