Speed (bump) 2

Michael Mayer

Apr 19, 2011, 8:40:13 PM4/19/11
to Cimarron Hills
Bloggers,

After talking to a multitude of folks in our community, going to board
meetings and listening from 700 feet away, I am in complete support of
replacing the speed bumps. I wish we didn't need them but I've become
convinced we must reinstall unless the HOA can issue traffic speeding
tickets.

The Board experiment failed.

I do suggest we "engineer" the replacement rather than "art direct"
placement as was done before. I will talk to ADOT engineers.

I suggest we use the speed cushion design suggested by Fire Chief Ford
and install the Optimizer device on the gate which allow Emergency
vehicles to go faster.

I am 100% in support of reinstalling. I will manage the project if
the community agrees and have it done within 60 days board approval
(which the board will not approve unless there are changes).

Michael Mayer

Bagby Josephine

Apr 20, 2011, 1:38:31 PM4/20/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I am totally in favor of the replacement of the speed bumps.  Since my house backs up to Queenswreath, I can fully attest that the sound of the traffic has nearly doubled since the removal.  I will not bore all with my story but I will be happy to explain my experience if asked.

Josie

SusanT

Apr 20, 2011, 1:58:52 PM4/20/11
to Cimarron Hills
Just stand at the bus stop any morning or afternoon and you will see a
serious need for the speed bumps. Honestly, I do not understand why
someone wants to speed through their own neighborhood and endanger
themselves and their neighbors. It is too bad that common sense is
not so common.

Susan Talarico

Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA.CITP

Apr 20, 2011, 4:39:10 PM4/20/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com

Boulders or barricades needed to keep our scofflaws off the sidewalk.

No virus found in this message.

nicetang

Apr 20, 2011, 8:00:32 PM4/20/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Scottsdale City Transportation Engineers are working on some ideas.  I will discuss with Todd Taylor and Phil Kirschner about "speed Cushions", for emergency response time and Opticom gate devices and how we keep vehicles from driving on the sidewalk.

Anthony you keep using these big words I do not understand.  I would not think boulders on the sidewalk will work but maybe the engineers will have an idea.

Bagby Josephine

Apr 20, 2011, 9:09:09 PM4/20/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Here ya' go.

scofflawsplural of scoff·law

Noun: A person who flouts the law, esp. by failing to comply with a law that is difficult to enforce effectively.

We learn new stuff everyday.

Josie

On Apr 20, 2011, at 5:00 PM, nicetang wrote:

scofflaws

nicetang

Apr 20, 2011, 9:23:29 PM4/20/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Anthony already knows everything...at least about the ENGLISH language!.   As he told me at the meet the candidate meeting (3rd time I ever met him)....he made a choice to be American whereas, the most or rest of us did not have a choice.
Apr 25, 2011, 11:41:04 PM4/25/11
to Cimarron Hills
Mr Leavitt and I met today at the Rec Center to discuss how to
approach speed restrictions on QWL.. Mr Leavittis a VERY accomplished
businessman with considerable experience in traffic control. He
offered multiple good ideas how to evaluate changes which can be made
to reduce traffic noise levels and maintain emergency 1st responder
speed to help those in need.

I love the fact this man took the time to meet with me and has offered
his time to work the problem.

Never forget we Cimarron Hills/Ridge residents have the most
professional managers, engineers, security and safety experts in the
USA. If we can tap the resources available to us...that is how we
create a better community.

Thank you Mr Leavitt.

Michael Mayer

Bob Leavitt

Apr 26, 2011, 1:10:56 AM4/26/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Thank You Michael!!

Apr 26, 2011, 9:50:08 AM4/26/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you both - Mr. Leavitt and Mr. Mayer.
Josie

nicetang

Apr 26, 2011, 10:25:38 AM4/26/11
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
We will work on making measurements with the boards approval. We don't have
a plan just yet but we have ideas and willingness to be involved.
Scottsdale Traffic Engineers have also offered a degree of help.

Remember the last board meeting when the board said they need help. Mr
Leavitt is offering help as I.

Mar 3, 2014, 1:50:28 PM3/3/14
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Originally the Board was misinformed about speed hump removal. The consultants said that speed would increase with their removal, but it has not (admittedly, it hasn't slowed either). We are going to a radar system now, which is good. But we've left a job undone. There is one more useless hump to remove. It is useless because, as Scottsdale chief traffic engineer will tell you, speed humps only work (when they work at all) within 100 feet. The last hump is within 100 of NOTHING. For a highly documented case against speed humps in general and this one in particular, please see this link Removethehump

Mark Osmun

Mar 3, 2014, 1:53:01 PM3/3/14
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Also, speed humps actually increase road noise. Vehicles that slow, sometimes screeching their brakes, then also accelerate within 100 feet of a hump--rather than travel smoothly.