New Delinquent Policy

Michael Mayer

Apr 5, 2012, 4:53:46 PM4/5/12
to Cimarron Hills
D. Delinquent Policy Resolution
Deanna Tatman reported the delinquent policy was incorrectly stated in
the December 15, 2011
minutes. Tatman presented a written resolution in accordance with
Article 7 of the CC&R’s
authorizing the delinquent policy to be amended. Members reviewed the
proposed resolution.
Steward Feldman provided a concrete example, drawing on a statement
date of January 1, as to
how the policy would be implemented:
a. Statement is sent to the owner on January 1
b. Assessment due date is February 1
c. Late fee is charged February 15 (15 days)
d. Re-bill processing fee is charged March 1 (45 days)
e. Account is turned over to Red Rock Financial Services for
collection April 1 (60 days)

Michael Mayer

Apr 5, 2012, 5:05:18 PM4/5/12
to Cimarron Hills

Acouple things residents to consider.

Rossmar Graham does NOT record your payment if made by bank transfers
for as long as 17 days. Therefore Rossmar can charge late fees
anytime they desire.

Rossmar manages 394 HOA's with 128,000 residents.

My 3 questions are

1. Why do Cimarron Hills residents want a management company that
cannot or will not recognize your HOA payment until after they can
charge a late fee penalty?
2. What happened to the penalty's charged in December 2011 (when 2
officers left Rossmar)? Were the penalty's returned to residents?
3. Why did our board (Feldmen and Werblow) NEED a more severe late
fee penalty passed in February 2012?

Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA

Apr 5, 2012, 7:12:58 PM4/5/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I have cut R&G some slack on the billing issue up to now however I am left
questioning their competence since I received a bill for my May 1st AND
April 1st HOA assessments today despite the fact R&G were paid for April on
3/28. Why send the May assessment on April 4th?
My question for the Board will be when the management contract for our HOA
was last competitively bid (my guess is, when I did it).
After the election screw ups, now it seems R&G can't produce bills
correctly, it may be time to consider other alternatives.
Anthony

DENNIS BURECH

Apr 5, 2012, 8:25:22 PM4/5/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
I was a bit confused by this too
Denny Burech

Michael Mayer

Apr 5, 2012, 8:38:35 PM4/5/12
to Cimarron Hills
Anthony,

You received a May invoice because that is what Stu Feldmen ordered as
the new HOA collection process (read below).

Feldmen also ordered that 6 weeks after the late fee date, the
resident will be turned over to a collection agency even though the
Rossmar VP acknowledged Rossmar has a problem recording on time
payments.

Rossmar bills over $80 million a year in HOA fees but cannot process
HOA payments. That performance record is beyond incompetence. I have
a check Rossmar took 17 days to record.

An accounting of falsely charged late fees is warranted based on the
proof I have.

On Apr 5, 4:12 pm, "Anthony C. Humpage MBA CPA"

nicetang

Apr 5, 2012, 9:14:35 PM4/5/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
A fundamental problem with Rossmar is on your invoice....a PO Box. Rossmar
retrieves, opens and deposits as many as 128,000 checks in 15 days.

Rossmar doesn't have a bill pay transfer account for the biggest bank in the
world...BofA.

Maybe the Rossmar Board has relatives that work at the US Post Office and
they want residents to spend $50,000 a month on stamps.