Rossmar Graham blames residents

Michael Mayer

Mar 22, 2012, 7:14:25 PM3/22/12
to Cimarron Hills
FYI,

I raised the issue in Feb's board meeting about Rossmar Graham
charging late fees when there were bank confirmations that Rossmar had
been paid, Feldmen starting yelling "Payments are due at the 1st of
the month".

Feldmen was as usual very abusive. Rossmar's VP at the meeting
acknowledged there was a major issue receiving payments in December
2011.

Rossmar charged late payments to potentially thousands of people
(Rossmar is community manager to over 50 HOA's and over 50,000 Arizona
residents according to John Hanley of Rossmar).

This week, Rossmar's community manager again blamed residents for
failure to make on time payments because the residents bank "snail
mail" monthly payments.

Rossmar's claim residents or a residents bank are to blame for late
payment is a complete lie. Our banks do not mail bank transfers.
Check with your bank if you do not believe it.

Multiply a $15 penalty by 10,000 residents (20% of Rossmar's HOA
residents)....that is $150,000 in potentially fraudulent charges.

I have raised the issue with the board and been ignored. I have
raised the issue of accounting for late fees with Rossmar and not
received a response.

Anyone interesting in making our HOA board and Rossmar account for
fraudulent late fee charges?

Michael

Bagby Josephine

Mar 22, 2012, 7:53:36 PM3/22/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
My bank mails some payments and others are electronic.  It depends upon the recipient.  For instance I just paid my landscaper and the delivery time for that is 5 days longer than the payment I just sent to Century Link.  I address my HOA payment to Cimarron Hills @ McDowell HOA, PO Box 54700, Los AngelesCA 90054 - 0700 the same address as on the envelope they send for a payment.  I bet that is sent via snail mail as that address wouldn't show up as a recipient of electronic payments.  There may be other issues with these payments that need attention but I bet anything that if folks are using the address I am using that it takes longer for the payment to be received so it could be late.

Josie Bagby

nicetang

Mar 22, 2012, 8:24:17 PM3/22/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Josie,

Thanks for the input.  How have you been?  Missed hearing from you.

Michael

Bagby Josephine

Mar 23, 2012, 9:34:03 AM3/23/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the personal response.  It is always good to hear from you and get good information on the community.

Josie

Michael Mayer

Mar 23, 2012, 10:44:04 PM3/23/12
to Cimarron Hills
Josie,

My concern is a company like Rossmar, which operates in 4 states
acknowledged in February at our HOA meeting they overbilled residents
thousands in late fees because of an internal Rossmar problem. Our
board has done nothing to clear the residents accounts of the late
fees.

Rossmar bills over 50,000 HOA accounts in 4 states....they could make
10's of thousands in fraudulent billings and ruin resident credit.

Arizona State Legislature is about to pass new HOA laws. HOA boards
will be held responsible for abuses like removing speed bumps and
misuses of common land such as installing cellular transmitters
without a 75% resident approval. HOA boards will also be held
responsible for voting irregularities and fining residents
inappropriately.

Michael

Bagby Josephine

Mar 24, 2012, 10:35:31 AM3/24/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reminder about the new HOA laws coming up.  I definitely think more control is needed over all HOA's.  I was on a Board once and a real "fast talker" on the Board had the group doing some questionable vote handling.

Josie

Michael Mayer

Mar 24, 2012, 5:38:08 PM3/24/12
to Cimarron Hills
I received the April invoice from Rossmar today.

In February, my bank electronically transferred the HOA fee on Feb 6
to the account Rossmar provided me. Rossmar's statement did not
recognize payment until February 23...17 days later. According to
Rossmar my payment was late.

Rossmar does not return my calls but someone needs to find out if
Rossmar has penalized residents. If Rossmar did not return December
late fees, it could be felony fraud.

Bagby Josephine

Mar 24, 2012, 7:08:18 PM3/24/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
WOW, that is a huge discrepancy in time!  I don' t blame you for being concerned.

Josie

nicetang

Mar 24, 2012, 7:40:56 PM3/24/12
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
Rossmar has done late fees almost every year since they took over as community manager.  In the current invoice, they acknowledge "billpay", the banking system method of making on line payments is how they get the majority of their payments from HOA residents.  But in my case....they refused to recognize my "billpay" payment for 17 days.

Rossmar charged late fees to a larger percentage than I estimated of their over 50,000 HOA residents in December.  That would suggest accounting fraud.

If 40% of Rossmar HOA residents are paid by "billpay"  Rossmar penalty's would amount to $350,000 or higher revenues for 2011 just in December 2011...just in time for end of year accounting.