Lone Speed Hump

Mark Osmun

Mar 3, 2014, 1:40:35 PM3/3/14
to cimarr...@googlegroups.com
When deciding to remove 4 of 5 speed humps (God know why the last one survived), the Board was given an inaccurate report by Gutierrez Civil Solutions, LLC which  guessed that speeds would increase with hump removals. This was simply not true. Though speeds have not slowed since their removal, they haven't increased either. I have spoken with Scottsdale's chief traffic engineer who pointed out that speed humps work (when they do at all) only for 100 feet. I bring this up in regard to the last remaining hump, which is not located within 100 feet of anything. If you would care to see a well-documented case for removing the last hump on Queen's Wreath, please visit this link: Removethehump