Dickcissel Dial 1-815-200-8650: 12, April, 2022 Transcript

Jarod Hitchings

Apr 12, 2022, 8:52:15 PM4/12/22
to ci...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to the Dickcissel Dial the Central Illinois Birding hotline. Today is Tuesday, April 12th, 2022. We have exciting news to report, besides all the early spring migrants, we have our first sponsor. A big thanks to Wild Birds Unlimited in Springfield, Illinois.

Early warblers include Hooded, Black-and-white, Northern Waterthrush, Cerulean, Worm-eating, Golden-winged, and Palm. Shorebirds include Black-necked stilt, Solitary Sandpiper, Dunlin, American Golden Plovers, and Wilson's Phalarope.

Counties seeing early House Wrens include Sangamon, DeWitt, and Coles.  Green Heron and Marsh Wren in Champaign. McLean: Sandhill Crane, Western Meadowlark, Long-eared Owl, and Green Heron. More Marsh Wrens and Smith's Longspurs for Douglas County, while Fulton has Sora and Cliff Swallow. Washington County had Swainson's Hawk and Black Vulture. Monroe had Yellow-headed Blackbird.

Now for this week's trivia question: which land animal has the largest eyes? Remember the White-eyed Viero says "spit and see if I care. Spit!" They are known as perpetual singers. Please leave answers and sightings after the message and enjoy the outdoors!

The Hitchings Family
Sherman, Illinois