2-year postdoc position at SUSTech (Shenzhen, China) on AI and Games

Jialin Liu

Sep 5, 2023, 6:27:06 AM9/5/23
to Computational Intelligence and Games
The Learning and Optimisation in Games team (https://aingames.cn/) is looking for a self-motivated post-doc to work on AI for video games. Particularly, I am looking for candidates with expertise and excellent publication records in one of the following topics:
- procedural content generation
- reinforcement learning
- computational creativity
- psychology of play and player types
- player experience studies
- adaptation/personalisation in games.

Duration: 24 months.
Deadline: the position is open until filled.
Salary before taxes: 330k RMB (approx. 42k euros) per year, including support from the Shenzhen city.
Accommodation support: 2800 RMB (approx. 350 euros) per month.
Conference trip support: at least 25k RMB (approx. 3.2k euros) for two years from the university + additional support from my funding as per your request.

The position is based at the Department of Computer Science and Engineering of Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) at Shenzhen, China. SUSTech (https://www.sustech.edu.cn/en/) is a very international university with a lovely campus. Shenzhen is also a very international city with nice food from around the world.
Working language will be Chinese and English, though our faculties also speak Japanese, Italian, French, Spanish, etc. More than 80% of faculties and researchers of our department (https://cse.sustech.edu.cn/en) have been worked or studied abroad.

Please contact me (li...@sustech.edu.cn) with your detailed cv with publication list, and up to five of your representative publications and reasons (why each of those publications is selected).

I’m happy to answer questions via emails or have an informal chat via Tencent meeting.

Best regards,
Jialin

Dr. Jialin Liu (刘佳琳)
Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Games
Learning and Optimisation in Games (LOG) Lab
Shenzhen Key Laboratory of Computational Intelligence
University Key Laboratory of Evolving Intelligent Systems of Guangdong Province
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Southern University of Science and Technology (Shenzhen, China)