Fwd: [Annelida] ICZN - your support for a key taxonomic infrastructure

Richard Lord

Mar 7, 2013, 4:28:46 AM3/7/13
to CIen...@googlegroups.com
For such an important organisation to be so short of funds is shocking .....

Begin forwarded message:

From: Geoff Read <Geoffr...@niwa.co.nz>
Date: 6 March 2013 22:11:12 GMT
To: Annelida list <anne...@magpie.bio.indiana.edu>
Subject: [Annelida] ICZN - your support for a key taxonomic infrastructure

Dear All,

You may have seen this on the other forums you frequent. The International Commission on Zoological Nomenclature, an essential organisation for Science, and inter alia publisher of the Zoological Code, is funded by a trust which has run out of money and its existence is in crisis. ICZN do their work with minimal staff on a tiny budget and have no wealthy funders, relying on goodwill. It is a struggle. Commissioners who make the Opinions on applications by biologists are totally volunteers, never meet in person and absolutely there are no junkets. See below where the ICZN Secretary asks for help. Please give them a donation. It will make a difference. Please forward to your colleagues. It is easy to donate via their website http://iczn.org/

Thanks,

Geoff Read

--

Geoffr...@niwa.co.nz