Re: Jersey Butterfly Event: 23rd March

Paul Chambers

Mar 18, 2013, 9:37:37 AM3/18/13
to CIen...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

May I draw your attention to the butterfly talks/training event that is
being held between 10.00 and 15.00 at Howard Davis Farm, Jersey, this coming
Sat.

In the morning we've got three excellent guest speakers coming from the UK
and Alderney (see attached sheet) followed by a buffet lunch and then
butterfly identification and transect training during the afternoon. The
event is free but places are limited. All details are in the attached sheet.

The event is open to anyone but the Environment Dept. is especially keen to
hear from people who might be able to spare 30 to 60 mins a week during the
spring and summer to walk one of our butterfly transects. No formal
knowledge of butterflies is necessary and the data gathered will be used as
part of our on-going butterfly monitoring scheme which, aside from being
used to monitor local population trends, also forms part of a wider UK
programme.

Thank you,

Paul

Environment call for new butterfly volunteers.pdf

Bree

Mar 18, 2013, 1:41:31 PM3/18/13
to cien...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
I donated the atlas to over 100 species of butterfly found in Normandy and all the Channel Isles
available in the local reference library maps all the species found in Jersey by square as well as the other Channel Isles and other books forthcoming map our moths with full colour photos and text.
It is worth looking at the books just out I have donated to our reference Library in Halkett Place in St Helier.
Kind regards,
Bertram of the local invertebrate research group GRETIA at http://www.gretia.org/