Natural history job in Jersey

Guernsey Biological Records Centre

Sep 28, 2012, 3:10:17 AM9/28/12
to cien...@googlegroups.com

Dear All

The Guernsey Biological Records Centre is looking for a person with considerable knowledge and interest in the natural history of Jersey and preferably with a degree in biology, zoology or botany, to run a Biological Records Centre in Jersey. This will be for 15 hours per week flexi-time. The person must have local residential qualifications for instance under the 5 year residency rule.

The job will involve:

  • Maintaining the Channel Island database of biological records by inputting new and historical data from notebooks, scientific publications and field observations etc.
  • Mapping designated sites of special interest
  • Organising volunteers with the right expertise to help obtain, check and input this data
  • Answering queries from the general public, charities, commercial firms, States Departments etc. and providing data for them
  • Giving talks to schools, voluntary groups etc. promulgating the use of the Centre
  • Helping to write some web pages for the Centre

The work will evolve through time and can change according to the interests of the applicant.

Please send a brief CV to me at the Guernsey Biological Records Centre and contact me for further details.

Charles David

Guernsey Biological Records Centre
Old Tobacco Factory
La Ramée