Bladder press part

Jérémy Viens

Oct 8, 2021, 2:48:33 PM10/8/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I just bought an italian bladder press a few weeks ago. It’s an air version of the classic press. I need to change the pressure relief valve but I don’t know what part to buy. Can you help me?
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

Vince Wakefield

Oct 8, 2021, 3:26:50 PM10/8/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Was it originally designed to be air operated? All I have seen have been water operated, water is a lot safer than air.

You need to know what pressure rating the valve should be, this is a link to a 3 bar unit typically used on a water based bladder press.

http://www.advancedwater.co.uk/prod-014-468-0718.html?gclid=CjwKCAjw2P-KBhByEiwADBYWCkHE3n-fpxzQE7iSkKOX9MCw5MGXqmwGNgnJYfI5JYFvVbAx1JishxoC6A4QAvD_BwE

Good Luck

Vince
Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Cillian Breathnach

Oct 8, 2021, 3:37:08 PM10/8/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Echoing Vince's comments, I'd be weary of using air in that press. They are designed for use with water normally.

Cillian Breathnach.