Looking for ROTER HERBSTKALVILL scions for next year.

Andy Andy Frogy

Nov 7, 2021, 1:24:54 PM11/7/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi if anyone on the group has ROTER HERBSTKALVILL variety in their collection, please let me know. This is Calville Rouge d'Automne in France and ROTER HERBSTKALVILL in Austria and Germany.
And looks like bellow

Screenshot_2021-11-07-18-26-51~2.png

Thomas Fehige

Nov 8, 2021, 12:43:20 PM11/8/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
You'll find several people who will send you scions (from Germany) at

https://obstsortenerhalt.de/suche/sorten/reiserabgabe?title=roter+herbstkalvill

They will expect a modest payment as specified here:

https://obstsortenerhalt.de/service/reiserabgabe/bedingungen

In case you need help with translations, please contact me directly, as
I don't read the list as regularly as I used to some years ago.

Good luck + cheers -- Thomas

Am 07.11.21 um 19:28 schrieb Andy Andy Frogy:
> --
> --
> Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com>

> Workshop" Google Group.
> By joining the Cider Workshop, you agree to abide by our principles.
> Please see http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html>
> ---
> Groups "Cider Workshop" group.
> an email to cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/CAKv9xV0%3DyCombh8CeatY%3D1ZaL%3DMV4O0aM749fvC84WHNyx5OUw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/CAKv9xV0%3DyCombh8CeatY%3D1ZaL%3DMV4O0aM749fvC84WHNyx5OUw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Andy Andy

Nov 8, 2021, 3:58:05 PM11/8/21
to Cider Workshop
Thank you Thomas!

Les Price

Nov 9, 2021, 1:55:18 AM11/9/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Would you happen to know if the Calville Rouge ripens the same time as Calville Blanc?

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/87034f95-f706-44b7-a84c-696d425e2647n%40googlegroups.com.

Thomas Fehige

Nov 9, 2021, 11:33:59 AM11/9/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
In case that question is for me: There's quite a number of apples called
"something ... kalvill" in German. At least "Roter Herbstkalvill" and
"Roter Winterkalvill" seem to have quite different ripening times
(Herbst = autumn). A list of various Kalvills is here:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calville#Calville-Sorten

Cheers -- Thomas

Am 09.11.21 um 07:55 schrieb Les Price:
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/CAKv9xV0%3DyCombh8CeatY%3D1ZaL%3DMV4O0aM749fvC84WHNyx5OUw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com>
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Cider
> Workshop" Google Group.
> By joining the Cider Workshop, you agree to abide by our principles.
> Please see http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html>
> ---
> Groups "Cider Workshop" group.
> send an email to cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/87034f95-f706-44b7-a84c-696d425e2647n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/87034f95-f706-44b7-a84c-696d425e2647n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> --
> Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com>

> Workshop" Google Group.
> By joining the Cider Workshop, you agree to abide by our principles.
> Please see http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html
> <http://www.ciderworkshop.com/resources_principles.html>
> ---
> Groups "Cider Workshop" group.
> an email to cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:cider-worksho...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/CAFkhO_Uq6iuoqxrr-1WCyPFRPkiMGn2eUbue%3DRRXrJUL6_T6yw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/CAFkhO_Uq6iuoqxrr-1WCyPFRPkiMGn2eUbue%3DRRXrJUL6_T6yw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Andy Andy

Nov 9, 2021, 8:05:06 PM11/9/21
to Cider Workshop
Roter Herbstkalvill: PFLÜCKREIFE: Ende September, soll recht spät gepflückt werden.

Les Price

Nov 10, 2021, 1:20:34 AM11/10/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Yes, pardon me for not being specific. The Calville Blanc d Hiver that I grow is all but identical to the Calville Rouge you are talking about. All except color of course. I was just curious if you had experience with the French apple Calville Blanc and could shed some light on ripening time relativety.

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cider-workshop/cfce2aa4-307e-4d11-9818-b65c72b95545n%40googlegroups.com.

Andy Andy

Nov 10, 2021, 4:50:35 PM11/10/21
to Cider Workshop
I don't have experience with any of the apple trees. But I'm sure someone in this group has them in their orchard.