Bottle conditioning - help!

Mark Warnett

Nov 19, 2021, 2:11:58 PM11/19/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We bottled our cider at 1004 in the summer. It had been a slow fermentation all the way through but was still slowly fermenting.

It completely stopped once in bottle. So I’ve added yeast per Andrew’s dosing recommendation. 3 weeks later there is a slight (I think) hint of some fizz but very gentle.

So should we:

Give more time?
Add dap?
Mentally prepare ourselves for a still cider?!

Thoughts very welcome!

Sent from my iPhone

Andrew Lea

Nov 20, 2021, 3:48:56 AM11/20/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
I would hang on another month or so, maybe bringing some test bottles into a warmer place? If that fails you could contemplate thiamin or DAP.

Is the SG still at 1.004? People occasionally tell stories of faulty batches of crown caps.

Andrew

Wittenham Hill Cider Portal
www.cider.org.uk

> On 19 Nov 2021, at 19:10, Mark Warnett <markww...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all
> --
> --
> Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Mark Warnett

Nov 20, 2021, 8:34:18 AM11/20/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Andrew

Not tested the sg since I added yeast but it’s got the same hint of sweetness; don’t think it’s the cap

Sent from my iPhone