TA

Steve Tolley

Oct 15, 2021, 4:09:24 AM10/15/21
to Cider Workshop
Hello everyone looking to test titratable acid does anyone in the uk know where we can purchase a cheap kit?
I cant seem to find one anywhere. Or is there another way apart from buying all the chemistry sets for about £200
Many thanks
Steve

Steve Tolley

Oct 15, 2021, 4:23:44 AM10/15/21
to Cider Workshop

Vince Wakefield

Oct 15, 2021, 5:23:44 AM10/15/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com

Bartek Knapek

Oct 15, 2021, 5:59:11 AM10/15/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com

For a cheap TA testing all you need is pure caustic soda and phenolphthalein (both available e.g. from ebay).
Plus some 2 syringes say 10ml to measure the juice and add NaOH solution.

You dissolve 4g caustic soda in 1L water to get a ~0.1N NaOH solution.
2-3 drops of phenolphthalein serve as an indicator.

Not super accurate, but enough for amateur testing. Could be something you are looking for?

//Bartek

Andrew Lea

Oct 15, 2021, 6:15:38 AM10/15/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com