New grafts - leaf discolouration / brittleness

chels...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2024, 7:45:53 AMJun 5
to Cider Workshop

I grafted some White Close Pippin in spring. Two of them that have taken particularly well have started to develop yellowing leaves with some going black and dropping. Others are going white and brittle.

This is mainly happening at the top of the leader with the newest growth. Side leaves appear mainly unaffected.

These are on M26. Any advice on what the issue could be? I've dropped some photos below. I'm in Somerset, UK. Thanks all, Sam

Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.40.17.png
Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 12.40.10.png

Vince Wakefield

Jun 5, 2024, 1:11:05 PMJun 5
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com

Look for some small cuts just below the point it is happening, I have the same issue and think it is an insect cutting in to the soft juicy new growth.

Vince

Visit our website: http://www.ciderworkshop.com