how to keep the co2 and bubbles stay longer

huibm...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 7:05:43 PM10/5/21
to Cider Workshop
I referment in the bottle to get bubbles. Does anybody have an idea on how to keep the bubbles or/and foam longer when pouring the cider in a glass?

Dick Dunn

Oct 5, 2021, 7:48:37 PM10/5/21
to cider-w...@googlegroups.com
I know it's a side question, but why do you WANT to keep bubbles/foam?

While I enjoy seeing the bubbles as a sparkling cider is poured, and I know
it releases aromas, I don't see the point in a mousse/head hanging around.

And, having judged a lot in the past, I'd be slightly suspicious of a cider
which held a head: Why should it? I wouldn't (necessarily) mark it down
for that alone, but I'd be on the alert for faults which might cause it not
to dissipate as is usual.

That said, you could investigate "heading agents" (or "aids") to achieve
what you want. Look to a brewing supplier.

--
Dick Dunn rc...@talisman.com Hygiene, Colorado USA
Message has been deleted

mannp...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2021, 3:17:51 AM10/10/21
to Cider Workshop
Our perry retains a mousse for quite some time, unlike the cider.
You could experiment with adding a small percentage of pears.