Overdosed yeast nutrient … is there a cure?

jkep...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 7:20:51 PM11/28/21
to Cider Workshop
I made a stupid mistake dosing yeast nutrient in my latest fermentation.

I’m trying my hand at making cider out of some late harvest russets.  The juice is quite acidic, sg 1058. 9 days ago, I absent-mindedly measured my yeast nutrients in tablespoons rather than teaspoons , so the 5 gallon bucket got 4tbsp instead of the 1-2 it should have.

This led to quite a primary fermentation (to sg1002  in 9 days)but now after racking today I am noticing minimal activity in most of my car boys.  One is bubbling away - this was from the one bucket that had the least amount of YAN because I ran out (wonder why🤔)

So… this fermentation has gone way too fast and the yeast seems to be almost  inactive now.

Is there an easy fix? Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Julie

csto...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2021, 9:38:13 PM11/29/21
to Cider Workshop
What kind of cider are you trying to make? Totally dry? Still? Naturally carbonated? What kind of bottles are you using?

Personally I would not mind if it got stuck at 1.002....