I've not had much success in getting any fizz in any of my 2020 batches of perry. This was the first year i transitioned from adding sugar "per bottle" and upgraded to adding it to a single 60L bottling vessel. Here's my method .. i'm keen not to do the same mistake this year around, so any advice on where i may have gone wrong is gratefully received!
1. Pressed Sept 2020.
2. Left to naturally ferment until stabilised (mostly 1.002 to 1.003 - 10 to 11 months).
3. Racked to 60L bottling vessel and 25ppm sulphites added.
4. same day .. 5g per litre (300g) caster sugar dissolved in sample perry and added to vessel.
5. same day .. Initial and regular mixing of perry to ensure sugar is evenly distributed (this is where i worry about introducing unwanted oxygen.. should i worry?). On some occasions i used a pump to mix.
3. .. then (same day) bottled (July / Aug 2021).
4. And left to condition / mature until now.
And no fizz! Thoughts? I'm thinking it may be sulphite related, or that perry takes longer than cider to ferment and may have exhausted all the yeast?