ROPP Capping

Mark Rudge

Nov 9, 2021, 11:27:56 AM11/9/21
to Cider Workshop
I decided to try and do the right thing for the environment and instead of using plastic caps on my bottles of apple juice I thought I would use aluminium caps. To do that I needed to invest in a ROPP capper - frighteningly expensive machines. However, I found what I thought was one at a bargain price from a UK Producer.

However, the machine although managing to put ROPP caps on successfully is very inconsistent and seems to wander out of alignment very regularly. When trying to bottle a 1000 bottles a day we are spending more time resetting and adjusting the machine than actually capping and it's driving us insane.

I was just wondering if anybody has used a similar machine (photo attached) 95-AccuCapper-ROPP.jpgand got it to work well or if anybody has a second hand VIGO ROPP Capper for sale. :-(

Many thanks!

Mark