Sunday: Rally for Rail at City Hall at CicLAvia

1 view

RailLA at CicLAvia

Apr 10, 2011, 2:49:39 AM4/10/11
to ciclaviasouthla
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post this here, so please let me know
if I'm overstepping boundaries! I just saw this on twitter and I'm
trying to get the word out about our march and ride tomorrow!!

As a part of CicLAvia, RailLA will be organizing a march downtown to
demonstrate support from Westsiders and others in the city who want
rail lines to reach their communities! We're rallying in support of
the Exposition line to Culver City and further expansion of this and
other lines to West Hollywood, UCLA, Santa Monica, Brentwood, and
other destinations in West LA and beyond in the anticipation of High
Speed Rail connecting with Los Angeles in the future!

We have a 90 foot long yellow banner to carry down the streets that
proclaims: LA BEYOND CARS! And we have some fun surprises in store for
you! We are asking people to wear blue and yellow in support of rail!
Mix it up! Get creative!!

SCHEDULE:

11:00 Rally at City Hall Park
NOON: March at CicLAvia
1:00 Rally at City Hall Park

The point of this event is to rally together in support of rail in a
visual way at an event where they close down the streets of LA
symbolically representing the desire to move beyond cars as the
dominant form of transportation in the city of Los Angeles. We want to
see rail become a viable option for transit to many parts of the city
and the state of California. If you will benefit from rail extensions
and are excited about the expansion of new transportation
infrastructure to the westside and California, grab your friends and
family and please join us in the streets!

Together we'll work to keep rail on track!

Official Event Page: http://www.ciclavia.org/page/event/detail/ciclavia41011/jt3