Ciclavia South LA: Ride this Sunday...Meeting next Week! *Spread the Word*

Joe Linton

May 13, 2011, 6:01:29 PM5/13/11
to ciclavi...@googlegroups.com
Ride this Sunday!!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tafarai Bayne <taf...@trustsouthla.org>
Date: Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Subject: Ciclavia South LA: Ride this Sunday...Meeting next Week! *Spread the Word*
To: taf...@trustsouthla.org

Ciclavia South LA

REMINDERS:

Next Monthly Ride   : This SUNDAY! May 15th, 11am @ 822 E. 20th Street.
( All People's Christian Center)

Next Host Commitee : May 18th, 6pm @ 152 West 32nd St. Los Angeles, 90007
(TRUST South LA/SAJE Offices).

Updates:

Hey Everyone,

I hope all is well. First I wanted to remind you about the events above.  Next we've gotten a couple of new things online.

Starting in June we will have workshops along with our Monthly rides taught by CICLE. I have a tentative schedule and topic series worked out with them that we can review at next weeks meeting. They include :

Bike Fitting Workshop

Flat Repair Workshop

Brake and Gear Adjustment Workshop

Basic Street Safety Class

Preventive Maintenance and Safety Check

We will review the potential order, dates and workshop/ride locations at the Host Committee meeting next Wednesday.

TRUST South LA and SAJE will also have available 10 Loaner bikes that we secured through CICLE for all the folks who haven't gotten wheels yet. If your organization would be interested in getting a set of Loaner bikes we can also discuss it at next weeks meeting.

Lastly I've attached a write-up that I put together to serve as a 2-page description of what we're trying to accomplish. Please look it over and let me know if I missed anything.

Shoot me any topics for next weeks agenda!

See you all Soon!

Tafarai Bayne

Tafarai Bayne

Community Affairs Manager

T.R.U.S.T. South LA

Tenemos que Reclamar y Unidos Salvar la Tierra-South LA

(formerly Figueroa Corridor Community Land Trust)

152 W. 32nd Street

Los Angeles, CA  90007

new office phone: 213.748.4105

fax: 213.748.4101