CicLAvia South LA - Updates and Reminders!!

Tafarai Bayne

Jun 10, 2011, 7:45:07 PM6/10/11
to in...@ciclavia.org

Hello

Below are some updates and upcoming events for CicLAvia South LA. We've had an amazing 6 months so far with many successful rides and productive meetings under our belt. Over the next 4 Months we will continue our Monthly group bike ride series by exploring south LA community resources. Our monthly planning meetings will continue with our next one on Wednesday June 15th at 6pm @ All People’s Christian Center: 822 E. 20th Street, 90011.

Please Spread the word by forwarding this email to all your friends and joining our facebook page here: www.facebook.com/ciclaviasouthla

See you soon!

More relevant info below!!

Tafarai Bayne

*********

CicLAvia is coming to South L.A.!

On October 9th 2011, over 10 miles of streets will host the free family-friendly CicLAvia street festival. From 10am to 3pm, certain streets become a park for a day - a space for people of all ages to bike, walk, play and enjoy themselves.  The route goes through Downtown Los Angeles, East Hollywood, Korea town, Boyle Heights and South L.A.

In South L.A. the route is planning to travel up Central Ave to visit the historic Jazz District and from there continue west to Exposition Park.

Over the last few months we have had great meetings with many community stakeholders including: USC, Councilwoman Jan Perry's Office, Exposition Park, The Fashion Business Improvement District and the Central Avenue Business Association. They are all very excited about this event and what it will mean to our community.

Learn more about CicLAvia or the South LA Expansion and get involved :

Attend a monthly pre-CicLAvia Bike Rides/Workshops!

Attend a monthly CicLAvia South L.A. Planning meeting!

Sign up for a Volunteer Opportunity doing outreach about CicLAvia!

Tell your friends and get ready for a completely free CicLAvia event on October 9!

Contact us to get involved: in...@ciclavia.org or taf...@trustsouthla.org

Sign up to receive email updates: http://groups.google.com/group/ciclaviasouthla

Facebook us at: www.facebook.com/ciclaviasouthla

Upcoming Schedule:

June

Wednesday, June 15th - Host Committee Meeting (6pm-7:30pm)

All People’s Christian Center: 822 E. 20th Street, 90011

Sunday, June 26th – Bike Fitting Workshop and Group Bike Ride (10am-2pm)

 Mercado La Paloma: 3655 S. Grand Ave, 90007

July

Wednesday, July 20th - Host Committee Meeting (6pm-7:30pm)

TRUST South LA/SAJE: 152 W. 32nd Street, 90007

Sunday, July 24th – Flat Repair Workshop and Group Bike Ride (10am-2pm)

A Place Called Home: 2830 South Central Avenue, 90011

Tafarai Bayne

Community Affairs Manager

T.R.U.S.T. South LA

Tenemos que Reclamar y Unidos Salvar la Tierra-South LA

(formerly Figueroa Corridor Community Land Trust)

152 W. 32nd Street

Los Angeles, CA  90007

new office phone: 213.748.4105

fax: 213.748.4101