Reminder --> South LA Mobility Advisory Council Saturday April 27th.

Tafarai Bayne

Apr 19, 2013, 9:35:44 PM4/19/13
to Jackie Provost, Nicole Vick, ciclavi...@googlegroups.com, Rubin, Robert E, shuntain Thomas, Alex Campbell, andresramirez, John Jones, Aubrey Provost, Gilbert Radillo, Adrian Gonzalez, Diego C, Francisco Cholula, Francois Bar, George Villanueva, Benjamin Stokes, Dyane Pascall, Otto Khera, Lisa Hubbard, Ryan Johnson, Lawrence DeFreitas, dhu...@allpeoplescc.org, srodr...@allpeoplescc.org, Andres Ramirez, blanca, Damon Turner, Gabriela Garcia, Guadalupe Chavez, Maritza Calatayud, Azusena Favela

Reminder...Meeting next week!

Let me know if you can attend.

- Tafarai

South Los Angeles Mobility Advisory Council

Date : Saturday, April 27th, 2013

Time: 10:30am - 12:00pm

Address:Brotherhood Crusade at 5300 South Vermont. (Building Healthy Communities South LA - Story Summit Event)  (exact location details - Silver gated area between the gym and annex buildings. We will be in a room in building. Signs will be posted)

We invite you to the South LA Mobility Advisory Council. We meet regularly on the last Saturday of every month to discuss pedestrian, bicycle and general issues of mobility that impact South LA. We hope to create a space for advocates and community stakeholders to discuss and coordinate efforts to make South LA a safer and healthier community when it comes to it's alternative transit options.

Please send any topics you would like to discuss. We ask that if this is your first meeting with us that you wait until your second to suggest new Agenda Items.

If you are not able to make this meeting please let me know and we will keep you in the loop for the April meeting, which is scheduled for April 27th . We will definitely update you on this month's discussion and will look forward to including you then.

*Also Feel free to forward to People you think should join this conversation*

Hosted by:

TRUST South LA

Community Health Councils

This months agenda:

Report Back:

     My Fig Meeting

     West Adams Community Plans

MLK Lane

Crenshaw Street Scape

Vermont Infrastructure Ride

Next Central Ride

This Month's meeting will happen at the Building Healthy Communities South LA Story Summit.

Event Details: There will be free lunch for all as well as music and art making and the purpose is for residents and stakeholders to share visions for healthy South LA and also stories of current works in action that individuals and organizations are already doing to create a Healthy South LA.

This will be an opportunity for artists from Augustus Hawkins, Academy for Multilingual Arts and Sciences, and Weingart YMCA to learn more about your exciting work and to gather stories and insights from community members.  It will be a fun event to enjoy, share stories about getting around south LA and to have these stories add to a larger project to share Healthy, inspiring messages in the community.The youth arts teams and artists will be interviewing and collecting stories and then working to translate these images in the months ahead into murals.

Tafarai Bayne, Community Affairs Manager

T.R.U.S.T. South LA

Tenemos que Reclamar y Unidos Salvar la Tierra-South LA

4331 South Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90037

Office:  323-233-4118     Mobile: 310-743-2589

final_logo_1

Donate to support TRUST South LA’s at www.trustsouthla.org

Like us at www.facebook.com/trustsouthla

image001.jpg

deborah...@roadrunner.com

Apr 19, 2013, 11:07:21 PM4/19/13
to ciclavi...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Tafarai I am not able to attend as I have to prep for the Streetsblog party

Sent from my iPhone
Deborah Murphy
Deborah Murphy Urban Design + Planning
Los Angeles Walks