New York Business Trip

gemma...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2013, 7:07:51 PM4/9/13
to cibbows...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm travelling around America in May 2013 and don't want my swimming to drop whilst i am away.

Are there any swim sessions i could take part in, whilst i am in New York?

I'm there from Monday 8th May for one week.  Also, in San Francisco from 18th May - 28th May in anyone has any contacts.

Im a keen open water swimmer and swim 1900m triathlon distances open water in just under 40 minutes if that helps.

Thanks

Gemma

Andreas

Apr 29, 2013, 11:16:04 PM4/29/13
to cibbows...@googlegroups.com
Gemma,

Nice to see you found this board. You have a number of options:
1) If you want to stay in the pool most of the Masters teams in the city have a visitor's policy that will allow drop- ins, it helps if you are in a masters team, and a USMS member; some of the NY teams are: Bearcats (swim at Baruch College), TNYA- several pools, Red Tide, Aqua Masters, and a few more
2) If you can handle 55F water and want to swim at Coney Island there are some crazy people who are already out there now swimming, you can arrange to meet there with the CIBBOWS group on weekend mornings, weekdays is harder
Hope that helps, happy swimming.
Andreas.