Paul Alkon on Churchill and Clemenceau

1 view

ric...@langworth.name

Dec 19, 2021, 11:09:36 AM12/19/21
to ChurchillChat
#Clemenceau to WSC: “I am delighted, my dear Mr. Wilson (sic) #Churchill, that you have come. We shall show you everything. We shall go together everywhere and see everything for ourselves. We shall see Foch. We shall see Debeney. We shall see the corps Commanders, and we will also go and see the Illustrious Haig, and Rawlinson as well. Whatever is known, whatever I learn, you shall know.”
The late Paul Alkon's study of Churchill's Clemenceau essays (1st of 3 parts) is quite the most beautiful piece we have published this year. https://winstonchurchill.hillsdale.edu/georges-clemenceau-1/