how to get the code

twhitbeck

Dec 29, 2010, 12:22:53 PM12/29/10
to churchfunds
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I check out the current source on the
google code page?

donwhit

Dec 30, 2010, 3:27:10 PM12/30/10
to churchfunds
http://code.google.com/p/churchfunds/source/checkout

Also you need to get the firebird database and FlameRobin would be
helpful.
I have some trouble with filepaths right now so I copy the
RPrinteClass.Pas to each directory (checks, contributions and setup)

donwhit

Dec 30, 2010, 3:38:58 PM12/30/10
to churchfunds
You will need to have the following packages installed in Lazarus.

Printer4Lazarus >=0.5
LCL >=1.0
FCL >=1.0
SQLDBLAZ >=1.0.1

newpsclass.ps is no longer being used but is still in the source code
in case someone wants to persue it.

Tim Whitbeck

Jan 1, 2011, 10:44:19 PM1/1/11
to churc...@googlegroups.com
One more question. I try to open ezsetup.lpr (the project file) with Lazarus and it says it can't find "ezsetup.pas". What am I doing wrong?

donwhit

Jan 2, 2011, 4:26:18 PM1/2/11
to churchfunds
look under project/project options/compiler options/paths
Other unit files might look like this
$(LazarusDir)/lcl;$(LazarusDir)/lcl/widgetset;$(LazarusDir)/lcl/
interfaces/gtk2;$(LazarusDir)/components/chmhelp/packages/help;$
(LazarusDir)/components/turbopower_ipro;$(LazarusDir)/components/
printers;$(LazarusDir)/components/printers/unix;$(LazarusDir)/
components/chmhelp/lhelp;$(LazarusDir)/ideintf;$(LazarusDir)/lcl/forms;
$(LazarusDir)/lcl/nonwin32;$(LazarusDir)/components/synedit

Include files
$(ProjOutDir);$(LazarusDir)/lcl/include;$(LazarusDir)/components/
printers/unix

unit output directory
/home/don/churchfunds/trunk/setup

widget types
gtk2

my environment options look like this: Lazarus directory this is
the same as $(LazarusDir)
/home/don/lazarus/lazarus_svn/ this will depend upon where
you installed lazarus

compiler path
/usr/local/bin/fpc this might be
different for you probably not

fpc source directory
/home/don/fpc/fpc_svn/ this is where I
installed the fpc source

directory for test projects
/home/don/tmp/ not too important

Also did you install from svn? If not your source directories may be
different than these but also correct.
File paths are kind of a pain in Lazarus even to the point where
sometimes if you have two identical files and Lazarus knows the path
to both of them it will give a cannot find error.

The project inspector should look like this.
Files
ezsetup.pas
ezsetupunit.pas
setupmod.pas
Required Packages
Printer4Lazarus(>=0.5)
FCL(>=1.0)
SQLDBLaz(>=1.0.1)
LCL

These should also show up in the Package graph.

Tim Whitbeck

Jan 4, 2011, 5:31:03 PM1/4/11
to churc...@googlegroups.com
ok I've gotten things set up right, but I still don't have the file churchfunds/setup/ezsetup.pas. Is it in the svn trunk?

donwhit

Jan 4, 2011, 7:59:45 PM1/4/11
to churchfunds
It is now.