RH Wrapper Console Error

Mike Flair

Mar 12, 2015, 12:10:37 PM3/12/15
to chucknorri...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm just starting out with RoundHouse and would like to build a wrapper console application using the RoundHouse library. I have the following class that will load some basic config and try and run the migrator.  The error I am receiving is in the roundhouse.infrastructure.loaders.DefaultInstanceCreator > create_object_from_string_type

A type could not be created from the object you passed. "roundhouse.databases.sqlserver.SqlServerDatabase, roundhouse.databases.sqlserver" resolves to null.

Is there missing configuration below that I would need to add to correct this exception?

using roundhouse;

using roundhouse.infrastructure.app;

using roundhouse.infrastructure.logging.custom;

namespace RH.ScriptRunner

{

public static class Migrator

{

public static void MigrateToNewestVersion(string connectionString, string migratePath)

{

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(migratePath))

 migratePath
= AppDomain.CurrentDomain.BaseDirectory;

Migrate migrator = new Migrate().Set(c =>

{

.Logger = new ConsoleLogger();

//c.ConnectionString = connectionString;

.SqlFilesDirectory = migratePath;

.ServerName = "STLW7ASMDENTON1\\SQLEXPRESS";

.DatabaseName = "TestRoundhousE";

// c.Baseline = true; // initial migration db structure - create

.Restore = false;

.Silent = true;

.WithTransaction = true;

});

var configuration = migrator.GetConfiguration();

ApplicationConfiguraton.set_defaults_if_properties_are_not_set(configuration);

 migrator
.Run();

}

}

Dru Sellers

Mar 12, 2015, 12:40:11 PM3/12/15
to chucknorri...@googlegroups.com
quick question: you know there is a rh.exe right?

take a dotPeek look at the roundhouse dll your are referencing, is it the ILMerged one? on non-IL merged?

-d