Encouraging information about CHS Arts Wing

Susana Dancy

May 15, 2009, 11:53:00 AM5/15/09
to chs_...@groups.google.com, chs-...@groups.google.com
All,

Thank you for your on-going advocacy for the Arts Wing.  Finally, we’re making headway!

At next week’s school board meeting, there will be an agenda item that, if approved, will move the Arts Wing from the “unfunded” list to the “funded.”  This puts the item on equal footing with the elementary school for county funding, and takes away county commissioners’ excuse that the school board hasn’t put it at the top of the list.   **This does not mean it actually has funding.  The county commissioners still need to provide the funding.**

So the MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO is to attend one of the upcoming County Budget Hearings (Thurs, May 21 in Hillsborough, and Tues, May 26 on Homestead Road in Chapel Hill). And speak up!

I have ordered five dozen purple BUILD IT NOW! t-shirts for the budget hearings.  Please let me know if you’d like one (they’re FREE, although I’m happy to take donations).  Also, please ask others to attend this meeting.  It is very, very important that a large crowd shows up.

Susana Dancy
225-7701

CarrborroHighSchoolArt Wing_09.JPG