Arts Wing - Send e-mails before Tuesday

Susana Dancy

Sep 13, 2009, 10:47:58 AM9/13/09
to chs_...@googlegroups.com
Parents & Arts Wing Supporters,

It seemed like we had “won” this battle back in June, didn’t it?  Unfortunately, there are still several steps that need to occur to keep this on track, and your action is still needed.

The Orange County Board of Commissioners has an item on their “consent agenda” on Tuesday, in which they will take another “baby step” toward formally authorizing construction of the CHS Arts Wing & Auditorium.  If this item passes, a public hearing will be held on October 6, 2009 about the ordinance that would formally authorize construction of the wing.

Please send an e-mail before the meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 15, asking the county commissioners to:

  1. Pass this item on the consent agenda.
  2. Support construction of the Arts Wing, even if it requires use of “regular” bond money to do this.

Their email addresses are available here:  http://www.co.orange.nc.us/contact.htm

Here’s a copy of my e-mail.  Feel free to borrow from it.

Dear Commissioners,

Thank you for your preliminary support of the Carrboro High School Arts Wing & Auditorium.  Like you, I was disappointed that the first round of  Qualified School Construction Bond awards didn’t cover the entire construction costs of the wing, and I am hopeful that remaining funds will become available in this second round.

Adequate classroom and performance space is essential for students at Carrboro High School to have educational opportunities in the performing arts that are available to all other high school students in Orange County.  I encourage you to vote in favor of Action Item 4-0 at your meeting on Tuesday.  Furthermore, I encourage you to support the immediate construction of this wing, even if you must use “regular” bond money to fund part or all of this important project.

Highest regards,

Susana Dancy
(address)

Again, thanks for what you’ve done so far.  Please put the public hearing (October 6) on your calendar.  And pull out those purple shirts — we aren’t finished with them yet!

Susana
225-7701