CFP Special issue on Multimedia Signal Processing and Systems in Healthcare and Life Sciences for IEEE Multimedia magazine

Peter Andrews

Feb 13, 2007, 1:38:22 PM2/13/07
to chronux-...@googlegroups.com
To Chronux users,

Call for Papers for a Special Issue for IEEE Multimedia Magazine

Multimedia Signal Processing and Systems in Healthcare and Life Sciences

Guest Editors: Nevenka Dimitrova, Philips Research,
Nevenka....@philips.com and Partha Mitra, Cold Spring Harbor
Laboratory, mi...@cshl.edu

Overview

Signal processing as a traditional discipline offers powerful and well
studied tools for analysis of spatial and temporal data. Lately there have
been great interest in life sciences and healthcare to process, store,
analyze continuous signals from a variety of sources such as: all
modalities in imaging diagnostics (ultrasound, x-ray, computerized
tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, functional MRI), continuous
physiological monitoring, audio and video monitoring, and high throughput
measurements of the processes at molecular level. Each modality presents
its own problems and combined together, analysis of all this data can
enable fast discoveries in genomics, life sciences and healthcare. In this
context, multimedia signal processing and analysis has ubiquitous
application in medical systems and life sciences.

Call for papers

In this special issue we will cover different aspects of multimedia signal
processing and systems in Life Sciences and Healthcare. We are
particularly interested in areas where multimedia has had most impact with
focus on multimodal systems in:
o behavior analysis in neuroscience
o multimedia data analysis for high throughput biology
o mining multimedia health data in healthcare
o signal processing in Decision Support Systems
o genomic signal processing
Submission Procedures and Deadlines
Submit your paper using our new online manuscript submission service. When
uploading your paper, please select the appropriate special issue title
under the category “Manuscript Type.” For more information and
instructions on presentation and formatting, please visit our Author
Resources page.
To submit a paper for this special issue, please observe the following
deadlines:
· 1 March 2007. Full paper, which must be submitted using our
online manuscript submission service and prepared according to the
instructions for authors (please see our Author Resources page: follow
link http://www.computer.org/portal/site/multimedia/).
· 15 April 2007. Authors notified of acceptance, rejection, or
revisions.
· 30 May 2007. Revisions of all accepted papers due.
· 30 June 2007. Final versions due.