plugins

mplichta

Oct 1, 2010, 4:14:03 AM10/1/10
to Chromium Updater
I have a question what means two options in settings window "Use
Chrome Flash/PDF Pluging" I mean what happend when I mark them or
unmarked them?

br
/mihau

Martin Endres

Oct 1, 2010, 8:16:36 AM10/1/10
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

once Chrome is installed side by side to Chromium, these options are
available. Chrome comes with its own Flash and PDF plugins. They are updated
by the Google Updater automatically. So, basically you wouldn't need any
Flash or Adobe Reader Installation to view the content within Chrome.

However, Chromium doesn't come with those plugins as they are not open
source. But you can use them by checking the two boxes. Chromium Updater
will then copy the needed files from your Chrome Installation each time it
updates Chromium.

Thanks for using Chromium Updater.

-mendres

May 4, 2011, 9:20:42 AM5/4/11
to chromium...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to reply to such an old message, but this doesn't seem to work for me.  I have checked off the option to use the Chrome PDF plugin, but when a new version of Chromium gets installed, the Chrome PDF plugin is not copied over.  What else can I do to troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks,
Jeff